Wednesday, April 13, 2011

BETA Resuts

BETA: 1.6 (meaning it tried to implant but couldn't hold on)
Estrogen: 200
Progesterone: 6

We have a plan for Sprout(s) 2.0. K&M have decided to fly the embryos here for the next transfer! We'll keep my meds the same since it almost worked and we'll add more vitamins. I think the embryo(s) will love springtime in the Midwest.  :)

We'll begin the next try as soon as my cycle starts again. I'll do a couple of weeks of estrogen and then take a week of progesterone before the transfer occurs. We are going to try to do a 5 day transfer instead of a 3 day transfer like last time. If they can thaw the embryos and let them grow for another 2 days, it will tell us more about the quality of the egg and will help us pick the strongest of the bunch.

Of course the pressure is really on for me to elect 2 embryos this time. I don't know.
I don't want to carry twins. Mom and Dad don't want twins. It only helps our chances by 3% but increases the odds for twins by 30%. I have my little girls to think about in addition to this couple. How do I tell them "no" when I just failed them with one? What a hard decision.

1 comment:

  1. I have no advice, I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you all.


Everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion and I love to hear alternative view points. That's the spice of life! However... please know that if your comment is in any way (1)derogatory toward the intended parents, (2)lacks common courtesy/tact, or (3)provides an uneducated stance it will be moderated. Difference of opinion is fine. Stupidity, not so much. Positivity - it does a body good! :)