Monday, March 7, 2011

Preheating the oven

I picked up my first prescription today. Three days of Norethin to "pause" my cycle until I start estrogen on Thursday. Supposedly (hopefully!) when I start estrogen, it will be enough to keep my body from ovulating one of my own eggs. While having twins with two different mothers and fathers sounds like a great show for TLC, I don't think I'm quite willing to give that a try.  :)

The parents have booked my flight to the New England area and have so kindly booked me in a hotel with room service for my stay. They generously offered to have me stay at their home, but if relaxation is one of the keys to success, then a hotel is the way to go. I am too polite of a person to sit back and let people wait on me. I'm currently making a list of things that I want to do while I'm there and have the quiet time to spare. I want to read Cinderella Ate My Daughter,  update photo albums, clean up my cooking blog, update my girls' blog, sleep without being interrupted... Lots of things to keep my mind off of missing my hubby and girls. Luckily, K found some great flight times for me, so I can leave later on that Wednesday night and be home earlier on Sunday morning.

Next up, more meds should arrive and I'll have a monitoring appointment at my local fertility clinic on Thursday, cycle day 6.

Oh and just for comparison sake, I took an obligatory pre-pregnancy picture. Goodbye 15 month postpartum belly. (My youngest is 15 mos old - obviously.) Hello med induced belly and soon to be BABY filled belly.  :)
Preheating the Oven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion and I love to hear alternative view points. That's the spice of life! However... please know that if your comment is in any way (1)derogatory toward the intended parents, (2)lacks common courtesy/tact, or (3)provides an uneducated stance it will be moderated. Difference of opinion is fine. Stupidity, not so much. Positivity - it does a body good! :)