I'm nervous about the possibility of carrying twins. The plan (based on conversation) has been to transfer one embryo on our first try, as one healthy baby is our ideal situation. If that doesn't work, we'll have to re-evaluate. Originally that second try was supposed to be a fresh single embryo transfer as well but both the intended parents and I need to come to an agreement.
I'll admit that I'm really nervous about that. While not the end of the world, twins would be so much more difficult. More difficult to carry, more risk involved with their health and mine, more difficult to care for my own girls, there's always the risk of time in the NICU, bedrest, and the much increased chances of a c-section. I absolutely do not want a csection if at all possible, and bedrest would throw my household into a tailspin.
Yes these are all things I considered before agreeing to this process. It's just that now I'm feeling more pressure to transfer more than one embryo and it makes me nervous. Sleeplessly nervous.
Moms that have been there before, please tell me about your experiences.
- How did your life change carrying twins? Did you have toddlers to care for?
- If you carried twins, when did you deliver? (what gestational age) Was there NICU time involved?
- Were you on bedrest or restricted activity? How long?
- Did you have a c-section or did you manage to deliver vaginally?
- If you did not have a c-section, what lead to the success of you being able to avoid it?
I would love to hear experiences and advice from those who are "in the know." I know there's a plan for me. Not knowing exactly what that plan is, keeps this control freak awake at night though. Ha! :)